Become a Vendor
Mercado Development has completed the selection of some of our core tenants. We still have rental space available.
Who are we looking for?
Food artisans who make prepared food to eat on-site or take out
Mercado Development is focused on local and regional sourcing. Vendor products should be produced locally or regionally, with the exception of a few products for sale that are recommended or used by the vendor. Our goal is to have most of our vendors to be from the Western New York region. The location of our food halls and in particular Fashion Outlets Niagara Food Hall will attract diverse customers from across the U.S., Canada and tourist from around the world.
Each vendor has its own stall:
• To customize with unique features
• To store its own equipment
• To design and brand in its own way
Mercado Development food halls typically also have considerable resources available for each vendor:
• Refrigeration and freezer storage
• Easier to prepare health department application
• Shared marketing resources, including in-house marketing help, event collaboration, and shared email marketing and social media
• A Mercado Development community that supports each other and encourages collaboration and idea sharing.
How to Become a Vendor
Step 1: Complete a Vendor Application.
Step 2: Complete an in-person interview with our Selection Committee.
Step 3: If selected, reserve a specific vendor space with a deposit of $2,500 to hold the space.
Step 4: Sign a 1-year license, renewable by mutual agreement and including the following terms;
• Security deposit in the amount of one months’ rent.
• Obtain insurance with standard limits of $1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate for general and product liability either through vendor’s own insurance agent or from Mercado Development insurance carrier.
• “Total rent” paid monthly by ACH.
• Obtain a business certificate and health department permit.
• All other requirements as outlined in license agreement.